Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ability to feel 'bored'

Heart shaped pizza!
Ever since I began frequent visits to the hospital in June last year, I didn't have a single day that I felt 'bored.' (Although I never really felt bored when I was a student as well, since I was busy with school, research, and friends...) It is true that out of the past six months, I spent half of the time suffering from side effects, one fourth of the time visiting the hospital, then rest of the one fourth were spent in rush to do whatever I wanted before the next treatment begins. It has been about 2 weeks since the last visit to the hospital, and I was quite bored last week. Then I realized that the ability to feel 'bored' was something I have not experienced in awhile, because of all the treatment madness. So it seems like my body and mind is pretty much back to before June. I can feel 'bored', now!!

All my side effects seem to have disappeared as well. I have been enjoying eating tasteful dishes. The area affected by radiotherapy on my body were burned, but most of the burnt skins are peeled off. My doctor from radiology department said it will take about one year for all the burn to be gone. Also, new hair seems to have started growing on my head. I've heard from number of cancer patients that the new hair after chemo is really nice, like a baby hair almost. I'm looking forward to that :P


1 comment: