Saturday, July 23, 2011

My treatment plan--ABVD chemotherapy

My parents, myself and my doctor discussed the chemotherapy plan last night. It is going to be the standard ABVD chemotherapy. I'll list out main points, possible side effects, and other questions discussed.

Main points
  • My lymphoma is determined to be at stage 2a. They found two more tiny lymphoma on my left side chest and near left armpit
  • Each alphabet of ABVD stands for a different type of drug
  • Drugs will be administer every 2 week, for 8 times (One dose for every other week)
  • Radiation therapy to follow after the completion of chemotherapy
  • 80 % chance of long-live when treated with chemotherapy + radiation therapy
Side effects
  • Hair loss (will grow back once chemotherapy is done)
  • Nausea
  • Possible damages to lungs, heart, veins, kidney, etc etc etc...
Other discussions
  • Chemotherapy should not have a high effect on fertility (my doctor found this paper: Hematol Oncol 2007; 25: 11-15)
  • Radiation therapy will only be applied on the affected area, which is far from my ovary; thus the doctor thinks it's unlikely to have an effect on my future pregnancy
  • No restriction on food...I can eat whatever I want!
If I could figure out how to plug in a calendar on my blog, I will....but it'll be a week or so later.

No comments:

Post a Comment