Monday, December 26, 2011

Radiotherapy week 2


Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

I am slight a bit delayed in my greeting, but I hope everyone is enjoying this festive time of the year with their family and friends.

My throat started to give me discomfort later last week, and today it's beginning to give me pain when I swallow. I go to the hospital every weekday for the radiotherapy, but I no longer feel nausea. It's either I somehow overcame the fear of the hospital of it was just a cold I had last week. (Although I still do not wish to imagine myself going through chemotherapy ever again...) With the healthy mind and soul, I have been spending my day like a normal young woman taking a break from busy life, doing whatever I feel like doing, which has been filled with spontaneity, restfulness, and excitement. Spending time according to your will and feel is such a luxurious time. Time is more than just money.

お地蔵様
(Jizo, a guardian deity of
transportation safety)
was wearing a knit cap!!  
Last week I went to a friend's house in Tokyo with my family to attend a holiday party. It was my first and the last time to visit Tokyo in the year of 2011. I used to go to Tokyo often to visit friends or attend events when I'm in Japan, but this time Tokyo seemed much further away than I've ever felt before. Because I still get tired easily, I was excited for the party but at the same time anxious that I may not make it through the party.

Fortunately, I was able to make it to most part of the party. It was a lot of food, sweets, and laughter. It reminded me how fun it is to spend time with friends and family. Special thanks to Sakurai family :)

Please stay warm, everyone. And spend rest of the 2011 with minimum amounts of regret, to welcome the new coming year.

よいお年をお迎えください。

2 comments: