Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chemotherapy 5/8...「頑張りましょう」, one long battle

Some 2000~3000 year-old ceramic doll excavated in Japan.
Doesn't it look like it's saying "give me a hug"?
”頑張りましょう”
It took forever to get better after my 5/8 chemo. As expected. my soul and body expressed rejection to the drug injection on October 4th through giving me nausea even before at the hospital. Then during the pre-chemo check with my doctor, I told him that I don't really want to go do chemo (which I knew I hard to anyway), and he replied, "頑張りましょう!" which in translation means "do your best, make an effort, or try hard." It's a very common expression to cheer up people and a lot of people used it toward me, but I'm really starting to not like this expression, ”頑張りましょう” because I don't know what I should "do my best" about my situation.

On the other hand, I also don't know what is the best expression that would make me feel better. During the hospitalization about two months ago, I was trying to figure out what I should say to one of my neighbor patients with leukemia right before I leave the hospital. What I ended up saying was, "Let"s not give up." Her condition was much more devastating than my condition that sometimes I wonder if I had made her feel any better.

One long battle
The drug injection went as awful as it has been, and I spent next 6 days with the usual nastiness. I was afraid that my normal body is not going to come back ever until I'm completely done with chemotherapy. Fortunately, most of the side effects are gone now, although the stomachache still exists as I type this blog. I still cannot feel hunger but I know when to feed myself through feeling the pain in my stomach. I hope I'll have at least one or two days that I can feel 'normal' and do whatever I feel like doing.   

2 comments:

  1. 加油!加油!黄逸晴!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I pray for you every night. May Angeles surround you and protect you.

    ReplyDelete