Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chemotherapy 6/8! ...Ensure protein and Olivia Newton-John

I found a plastic box that was 'melted' by erasers!!
YES, I only have 2 more chemo to go!!!!
I sound pretty excited now because I'm both physically and mentally stable but when side effects were hitting me last week, "2 more chemo" just sounded like "2 more hell" that I didn't even want to think about it. It's amazing how people can change their thoughts depending on the health. It makes me nauseous just thinking about my condition last week, and I think most of you are tired of me repeating the same thing, so I'm going to skip the update this time.

In a gist, I got through with chemo 6/8, but I still have 2 more to go.

Ensure protein drink is working...I think!
I had the weekly check up with my doctor yesterday, and my WBC was 2800 (+500 compared to last time)! I told my doctor that I have been drinking Ensure every morning, and he said it may be helping. I finished 3 large cans so far, and I'm working on the fourth can now. I also weigh 46 kg with stability, which is 2kg more than when I was hospitalized! I feel like my jeans got tighter too...or I might just be imagining?

Olivia Newton-John and Pineapple Classics 5k
I didn't know that she had a breast cancer. I actually only knew her name until I found her on a magazine at the hospital yesterday. She went through 6 months of chemo, which she says that just thinking about those days with side effects still makes her shiver. I feel her. One of her suggestion to chemo patients was to do something fun, creative, and sensational. I thought about my craft making, which has been a lot of fun lately.

Last week I received an e-mail about this event called Pineapple Classics looking for volunteers. Pineapple Classics 5k is a charity run organized by Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It caught my eyes because the e-mail also mentioned about Hodgkin's lymphoma. Before I got lymphoma, this is a type of an event that I would just pass by, and I thought about how my thought may change after all the treatments are over. Will I support the cause even more rigorously? Honestly, I'm not sure yet. I feel like I'm going to have another identity crisis. Anyhow, if anyone's interested, it will be held on November 12th for Seattle, and there seem to be a number of other cities that will be holding the event.

1 comment:

  1. Angie, I miss you!

    Sorry that I haven't been more in touch with you lately. I have been really busy with school these days. In fact, I somehow feel overwhelmed by many things that will determine the shape of my next year or two. It sounds also a bit scary.

    Anyway, I am hanging on here as well. And hope everything will work out eventually.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete