Sunday, October 2, 2011

My normal days as a lymphoma patient



Last Tuesday I went to the hospital for the usual check up, and there was nothing really special. The WBC# was 3000 (-900 since the last count), my doctor examined my lymphoma on the neck and commented, "yeah, we still need to get rid of these guys. Only 4 more chemo!" Haha...yay. Additionally, probably because of the relatively high WBC# and the doctor's mistake, I still was feeling quite normal all week long this week. Nevertheless, I still got tired easily from walking around outside or even surfing the internet. Somehow I can't stare at the computer screen for a long time anymore; it makes me dizzy in about one hour.

I have been eating normally, and I started to drink the Ensure protein shake everyday since my aunt told me that I should be drinking more. Interestingly, it actually looks like I've gained a bit of weight since then. I was 44 kg all this time but now it's showing 45 kg for the past couple of days.

For my hair loss update, I have been wearing a hat to go out because it looks like I have a bald spot on top of my head. I still have a lot of hair and I'm shedding a lot at the same time, but at this shedding speed, I think I'm going to have a lot of hair left after the chemotherapy is completed. Nonetheless, my mom and I decided that we buy one wig in case. Then my mom bought one wig with its product name, "newscaster style wig." I'll post up a picture when I try it out.

My next chemo is coming up in 2 days. I'm not as scared as before but it's an unpleasant feeling that arise when I imagine myself going to hospital again.

4 comments:

  1. I love your flower as always! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. your 5th chemo is done!!! 3 more to go!!! susu honey!!! and i want your flowers!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you are feeling better and almost done! Go Go Go~~

    ReplyDelete