Sunday, September 25, 2011

4/8 Chemotherapy...finally half way!!

Good bye dragonflies, see you next summer

Last week, I went all out; I ate raw fish, raw eggs, fresh vegetables, and even drank some beer since my WBC# was normal in response to my doctor's mistake. Sushi never tasted better. My heart was even beating fast when I entered sushi restaurant, which I haven't been for last torturous 2 months. I had never realized how much impact sushi had been making in my life :P

On September 20th, the day for my rest of 4/8 chemo, my WBC# was unchanged from last week, and rest of the three drugs were injected. My vein hurt a bit during the injection, but it wasn't that bad. What was worse was the nausea. I was feeling it as soon as I entered the hospital, and as usual, it continued for next three days or so. I had a light fever all week then, so I was once again a zombie. Just like the other chemo recovery times, I spent most of my day laying down, bearing the pain and nausea. It did not feel any different from the other chemotherapy, it was neither worse nor better.

However, there was one improvement; I think I figured out a source of my mental strength. Perhaps it's because of the time when students start school at UW. When I thought of Seattle, I got jealous of the people who get to go to school, go to work, or whatever they want to do. The time of the year made me become conscious of myself that I am currently ill, and I got angry at lymphoma that has only been bringing me difficulties so far! As I laid down on the bed in pain, I truly wished and prayed that I want to get better soon so that I can go back to school, do research, study, get a degree, find a job, and live a normal life. Surprisingly, when I went through the whole process of picturing my life after the treatment, I felt a little better. It felt as though the nausea dissipated a bit. Since then, I had been using the same trick when I can feel nothing but disgust. It's good to know that I still seem to have a control of myself.

The summer seems to have left my hometown while I was laying down on the bed for the whole week. The temperature is now down to 25C or so, which reminds me greatly of Seattle summer.

1 comment:

  1. Seattle misses you too, Angie!!! Be strong! I am with you!

    xoxoxo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete