Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So it wasn't 4/8 Chemo last week... :(

I finished 1 can of Ensure yesterday...hurray?
This morning I went to the hospital for the weekly check up, and found out that my WBC# was 3900 (+2000 from last week). The average for normal person is 4000~6000, so I'm back to a normal person. We wondered why and here is why. There was a communication mistake between my doctor and nurses that I was supposed to be dosed with all 4 drugs with reduced amount last week, not 1 drug with reduced amount. My doctor apologized, and said that I'll need to make up for last week's round next week. My treatment is extended by 2 weeks, and I still have 5 more rounds to go.....that just sucks.

When the nurse gave me an explanation for today's schedule last week, I did notice that it was different from what the doctor previously told me. I told the nurse about the discrepancy, but the nurse said "this is the order we received from your doctor," so I thought I was the one with misunderstanding. From next time and on, I will confirm with the nurse at least twice before we go on.

Training my mental strength
I also asked my doctor if there was a way to train my mental strength so that I may not feel noxious when thinking about chemo. My doctor said the anti-nausea medicine should help, but if not I can try yoga or bangee-jumping, basically whatever it may help. I'm thinking about trying yoga or meditation this week. If anybody has an idea about overcoming trauma, let me know :)

6 comments:

  1. I am doing Yoga too, not regularly thought. : )

    Miss you~!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try meditating 5 min per day for a week or two, then increase the time. I think it would help with your mind ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. bangee jumping as in bungee jumping?!? that would help with mental strength? Or did I mistake that for the sport that you basically have your life on a string literally? Gayu, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive been doing yoga everyday this week, and i use youtube as my guide. it reminds me of the time when we tried to do "beginner yoga" that tried to make us do headstands. lol

    i wonder if skype-yoga session is possible..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Sabrina and Mina...we should all skype yoga!! It's be so much fun :)

    >Jiro...yes I have been meditating!

    >Tim...I didn't realize that I misspelled bungee jumping. According to my doctor it would help me forget about chemo...haha.

    >Keibun... ...

    ReplyDelete