Thursday, September 1, 2011

The menstrual cycle

The WBC# of the week: 2200. A slight increase compared to last week.

I had X-ray and blood test last Tuesday. The intention for X-ray was to determine the lung damage caused by chemo. At this point, there was no damage observed.

Additionally, I told my doctor that my menstrual cycle seems to be disturbed that my period hasn't came for over the average cycle. My doctor replied, "You should expect not to have period for the duration of the chemotherapy." However, he stressed, "That doesn't mean that you cannot get pregnant. In the past, there was a patient who got pregnant during her chemotherapy. And babies don't want to go through chemo..." He didn't mention what happened to the patient, which I was curious to know but could not ask.

Although my doctor told me that my period will not come, it came as soon as I arrived home from the hospital. It is a strange coincidence. I wasn't sure if I should be happy about it, but I felt somewhat relieved that parts of my body is functioning normally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment