Sunday, August 28, 2011

3/8 Chemotherapy...plane ride, side effects, and dreams

It's hard to tell but my collar bone is back!
But when I touch the area I can still feel the broken up lymphoma. 
Chemotherapy is like a plane ride. The only difference is that chemo doesn't really take you to anywhere exciting (or cancer-less world?). In order to get on the plane, passing through the long line for TSA is inevitable, just like the blood test is necessary before beginning chemo. I had been waiting for at least 45 minutes to get blood drawn every time, because there is always a long long line of people waiting to get blood test done, regardless of how early I arrive. Then, when you get on the plane, nausea hits you the entire plane ride, at least for me for most of the time. After the drug injection in chemo, I have this similar feeling of being on the plane for a few days with nausea. And with all the endless aftershocks in Japan, chemotherapy experience, for me, has just been like one traumatic plane ride.

As for the aftermath of 3/8 chemo, I had a light fever for the whole week last week, it felt almost worse than last time. It is the third time for drug injection, so it could be that the body is reacting to the drug even harder. There was a new side effect that appeared on my fingers:
These dark lines at the edge of my nails are present on all my fingers, but not on my toes. My doctor said some people get horizontal lines on the finger nails, too. 

Because I was once again not feeling well for the whole week, I slept more than half of the day every day. And almost every time I slept I had a dream, and when I woke up I get confused whether I am still dreaming or I'm back in reality. I dreamed about food often, even though my appetite was abnormal. I dreamed about eating apple pie, Indian food, KFC, McDonald's, and just really random food. Additionally, the most exciting dream I had was seeing everyone I knew. Somehow everybody decided to gather at my home and I saw so many people that I missed very much. After realizing that it was a dream, I wanted to see and talk to people so badly, and I wanted to become normal again even badly.

Last Tuesday my WBC# was back to 2100. Tomorrow I have the weekly doctor's visit. Hopefully the WBC# is still near 2000; perhaps it's time to drink Ensure and eat ripe bananas.

1 comment:

  1. SUSU honey! I pray for you everyday! I hope your WBC# will increase from eating the Ensure drink and eat ripe bananas! ;)

    Please keep us posted :3

    ReplyDelete