Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MY WBC is back!

A pix of gross medicine for my stomach...
it has a viscosity of liquid glue, taste
 of a bubble gum, and I get
to drink this 3 times a day to make my
stomach feel better :P
Yesterday I had a weekly checkup at the hospital, and amazingly, my white blood cell count (WBC#) increased from 2100 to 2500!! I don't exactly know what I did that was good for my blood cells, but it was a very pleasant surprise. Previously, my doctor told me that there isn't really a way to increase the WBC# unless we inject medicine into the body, so I was only expecting WBC# to decrease again. My doctor didn't give me much reason to why it increased, but it showed me that there may be something I can do about WBC#.

My aunt told me to drink Ensure and some people told me to eat ripe bananas for WBC# to increase. There aren't scientific explanations to neither of those, but that's what I ate and drunk, so I'm going to keep on going with it and see what happens next week!

Also, to decrease the pain I experienced on my vein, my doctor recommended that I do push ups, so that I can strengthen and thicken my vein. I confessed my doctor that, "I couldn't do push ups even when I was healthy." He looked at me, got silent for a bit, then laughed quietly. I guess he couldn't give me advice on how to do push ups...

3 comments:

  1. It's good news!!!!! So happy for you!!!!

    But, as to push ups, I dunno what I can say.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, our prayers are with you! Maybe you can eat pork belly to gain weight! Brock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you honey!!! Keep up with increasing the WBC!!! Just keep on eating and you will gain back all the weights you lost. 加油!! ;)

    Also, you can do a knee push ups! Start doing 2-3 sets per day! :D

    ReplyDelete