Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chemo 8/8 attempt failed :(

Unfortunately, my white blood cell count and segs (segmented neutrophils) was insufficient to carry on the chemotherapy yesterday. (WBC# = 1700, SEG = 34 %, where if the seg count is less than 500 the patient is at increased risk of infection). I will be going into hospital again this Friday, and hopefully the WBC# is increased enough to do the last round of chemotherapy!

Strangely enough, even though I didn't have chemotherapy yesterday, I was feeling noxious and tired all day. I always feel nervous on the day and the day before chemo, so maybe the body was anticipating the horror of chemo every other week.

1 comment:

  1. Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

    ReplyDelete